Sunday, May 4

The Glands - "I Can See My House From Here"


Browsing YouTube recently, I came across an individual's desperate plea for information regarding the great Athens indie rockers The Glands. Their pair of albums from 1998 and 2000 remain highly regarded, and I'd say the self-titled second album is just fantastic. Despite being nearly a decade old it still sounds fresh and exciting -- as indie rock records go, they don't get much better.

The Glands - I Can See My House From Here [from The Glands]

I believe it's well known that the band's hiatus was the result of problems with their label, but I can't seem to find much relevant information online. Older press reports and interviews indicate that their never-released third album remains in limbo. No telling if it will ever see the light of day, but I know it would make a lot of people very happy. The band's frontman, Ross Shapiro, currently manages Schoolkids Records in Athens.

3 Comments:

Blogger goldenfiddle said...

fortress: i love the glands so much it hurts.

3:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's actually the owner now (previously manager). He's pretty ambiguous about the band if you ask him, but he's still a nice guy.

1:52 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Thanks, Anon. Didn't realize that.

9:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home