Monday, February 27

Lone Official

Another band that was recommended to me during a recent trip to central Tennessee is a six-piece act known as Lone Official. They were recommended at both Grimey's and Grand Palace, and that was about all the convincing I needed to pick up the album. From what I can gather, Lone Official is principally the vehicle of vocalist and guitarist Matt Burton. The band also includes bass, drums, keys, lap steel, and an additional guitarist. The band cites Pavement, Will Oldham, and Gastr del Sol as influences. I also hear hints of Silver Jews. They are currently working on their second album, which is set for release later this year. Here are a few tracks from their 2003 self-titled album (on Set International Records) that I picked up in Murfreesboro:

Lone Official - Central Avenue
Lone Official - Truckers Love It
Lone Official - Monarchos

Two tracks from the forthcoming album are available for download on their MySpace page.

Lone Official's site has more information. The debut album can be purchased from Black Label Empire, CD Baby, or Amazon, but it's $2 cheaper from BLE. So there ya go.

Lone Official is playing a show in the loft at Grand Palace Records this Thursday night, March 2.

Bonus Volunteer State-related reposts:
Silver Jews - Tennessee (LINK REMOVED)
Heypenny - Walnut St. Bridge

Elsewhere...

Nashville peeps be aware that Heypenny is at The Basement on Tuesday night. I'd go if it were feasible. Next time, I hope.

Update: Out the Other has posted about Heypenny today with a couple tracks I haven't shared.

Did you guys know that CMT has a Pimp My Ride ripoff called Trick My Truck? Pretty silly, huh? It gets worse. I came across it tonight and I can't stop watching. HELP!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rich,

thanks for enjoying the ghostfinger album!

interestingly enough, the lambchop song 'lone official' is named after this band and not the other way around.

-richie

4:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please PLease Please post "Brave" by Heypenny!!!!!!!!!!!

4:45 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Hey Richie -

Well, I'll be darned. I just assumed. I'll correct the error.

Also, uh... thanks for stopping by. Can't wait to see Ghostfinger live!

5:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home