Monday, July 31

The Walkmen 3-8-2006 @ Skully's Music-Diner, Columbus, OH

Beginning a couple weeks after their performance at the Pitchfork Festival, The Walkmen are going to invade the South. Among the dates on that tour is a stop on August 15 at The Loft in Atlanta, with Bobby Bare Jr. along for the ride. I wasn't planning to go, mostly because of the venue, but when I saw tix were a mere $5 ($7 after charges) I couldn't help myself. Should be a good one. If you plan to go, I'd pick up tix soon. They're available from Ticket Alternative.

In anticipation of the show, here is a Walkmen show from a few months ago. There are few little crackles and pops in places that I assume are an artifact of the original recording. Hope it makes for some good Monday listening:

The Walkmen
March 8, 2006
Skully's Music-Diner

Columbus, Ohio

01. Don't Get Me Down
02. This Job is Killing Me
03. Little House of Savages
04. Emma, Get Me a Lemon
05. Louisiana
06. Danny's at the Wedding
07. Thinking of a Dream I Had
08. Good for You's Good for Me
09. Rue the Day
10. All the Hands and the Cook
11. Always After You
12. Another One Goes By
13. The Rat
14. Lost in Boston
15. Bows + Arrows
16. Wake Up


If you'd prefer to download the entire show, it's packaged in two .zip files available via Rapidshare:
Part 1 (58mb)
Part 2 (62mb)

While they'll probably concentrate on the material from their new album, here are a couple of tracks from their prior releases:

The Walkmen - Rue the Day
The Walkmen - The Blizzard of 1996


While I'm at it, here a couple of tracks from Bobby Bare Jr.

Bobby Bare Jr. - I'll Be Around
Bobby Bare Jr. - Strange Bird


You can also download Bobby Bare Jr.'s new track "Snuggling World Championships" at Stereogum.

The remaining tour dates for The Walkmen are available at Pitchfork.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paulie said...

Cool, maybe I'll get to see them this time. I couldn't take the heat any longer at the Pitchfork Music Fetival so I didn't get to see their set.

12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have seen them twice and was disappointed both times, however i'm really diggin these live tracks...as always you post some damn good shows, thanks!

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Brian Steely said...

What's 'The Lounge' like? Surely they could play the Variety by now.

11:41 AM

 
Blogger Brian Steely said...

Alright, I see now - that's the little bar off to the side of Center Stage. I saw John Scofield, Phil Lesh and Dickey Betts play there a month ago - it's really not that bad ... especially for a $5 ticket!

11:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home