Tuesday, July 25

Tap Tap - "100,000 Thoughts"

Ryan at Catbird Records (an off-shoot of his outstanding Catbirdseat.org) has made available the label's fifth release, Tap Tap's Lanzafame. I just ordered my copy, and I'd like to encourage y'all to do the same. I've yet to be disappointed by any of Catbird's wares.

I don't know much about Tap Tap, but they're British and their #1 friend on MySpace is the Black Lips. WTF? Whoa. From what I've heard, I'd say that Tap Tap would probably appeal to fans of bands like Beirut, Jens Lekman, DeVotchka, and Suburban Kids with Biblical Names. And now I feel like a weirdo for not being able to name-drop more mainstream bands for the sake of comparison. Oh well.

Here's a track from Lanzafame. If you're a fan of interesting pop music you should check it out:

Tap Tap - 100,000 Thoughts

You can buy it here for only $7, or $8 in the deluxe packaging. I also kicked in an extra buck for the artist, which you can opt to do during the checkout process. There are also 8 colors to choose from in the limited (200) run of deluxe versions, but some are nearly sold out.


By the way, I also picked up CBR006 by Maestro Echoplex recently. It's actually a re-issue of a great album that was self-released in 2001 but never received wide distribution before going out-of-print. It doesn't ship until August, but you should probably pre-order it before they sell out. Here's a sample from that one, which I think is pretty damn cool:

Maestro Echoplex - My Eyes Are Disconnected from My Head is Disconnected from My Body

More info on that release can be found here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not a weirdo. I only listened to that track because you namedropped both Jens Lekman and Suburban Kids.

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Ha! Did the comparison seem appropriate? It's hard to say what Tap Tap sounds like based on that one track.

8:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home