Sunday, April 13

More Dirty Laundry: The Soul of Black Country


More Dirty Laundry: The Soul of Black Country is the second compilation of its kind from Trikont, packed with two dozen tracks of soul singers goin' country. It's also pretty darn great.

While I'm not convinced all the artists fall under the "soul" umbrella, there are some real classics here. Along with better known contributions by the likes of Ruth Brown, Sammy Davis Jr., and Ike & Tina Turner, numerous more obscure artists are also included. The collection works not only as a collection of great music, but as a historical document. Much of this material is new to me, and I'm thrilled that it's been rescued and put in one convenient package.

The tracklist, and a couple samples:

01. Johnny Adams - Hell Yes I Cheated
02. O.B. McClinton - If Loving You Is Wrong
03. Eric Mercury - Gift For You
04. Lou Johnson - She Thinks I Still Care
05. Margie Joseph - Touch Your Woman
06. O.B. McClinton - Talk To My Children's Mama
07. Joe Tex - Trying To Win Your Love
08. Arthur Alexander - Everyday I Have To Cry
09. Vicky Vann - You Must Think My Heart Has Swinging Doors
10. Ike & Tina Turner - Don't Believe Nothing
11. Clarence 'Frogman' Henry - I Told My Pillow
12. Joe Tex - King Of The Road
13. Sammy Davis Jr. - Smoke Smoke Smoke
14. Stoney Edwards - Honky Tonk Heaven
15. Clyde McPhatter - I'm Movin' On
16. Ruth Brown - Tennessee Waltz
17. Solomon Burke - He'll Have To Go
18. Bobby Womack - Point Of No Return
19. O.C. Smith - Son Of Hickory Holler Tramp
20. James Brown - Three Hearts In A Tangle
21. Junior Parker - Walking The Floor
22. Joe Simon - Someone To Give My Love To
23. Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown - Amos Moses
24. Andre Williams - Pardon Me (I've Got Someone To Kill)

More Dirty Laundry: The Soul of Black Country was released on April 1, and will be distributed in the U.S. by Light in the Attic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Great stuff! I've gotta get this.

11:39 PM

 
Blogger LD said...

Nice. I just found out about these Dirty Laundry comps, so thanks for the samples. Most excellent. In fact, I just posted about this topic on my blog, The Adios Lounge, so check it out if you're interested. I'm sure I'll use a few of these tracks next time round.

11:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home