Thursday, June 19

HeroesCon this weekend in Charlotte

After a hectic week, I have something awesome to look forward to on Friday (not that AthFest is anything to sneeze at). HeroesCon is this weekend in Charlotte, and it will feature tons of both mainstream and indie comics creators.



C&T's friends at Bizarro Wuxtry are getting me in the door, and it should be a nice day of meeting creators and checking out fancy-pants art comics. On the top of my hit list:

Ed Brubaker (Captain America, Criminal, Immortal Iron Fist), Darwyn Cooke (DC: The New Frontier), Matt Fraction (Casanova, Immortal Iron Fist, Punisher War Journal), Stuart Immonen (NEXTWAVE), Matt Wagner (Mage, Grendel), Jeffrey Brown (Incredible Change-Bots), Alex Robinson (Tricked, Box Office Poison, Too Cool to be Forgotten), Bryan Lee O'Malley (Scott Pilgrim), Robert Kirkman (Walking Dead, Invincible), Jeff Parker (Agents of Atlas) and many others. Chris Schweizer promises to have a drawing of Cap and Bucky waiting for me, which should be awesome.

Admission is only $10 per day, so if you're in the Charlotte area I'd recommend checking it out.


UPDATE: Brubaker canceled. That makes Rich a sad panda.

7 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

Oh, man. Brubaker canceled. I hope he was mostly alphabetically at the top of your list.

9:52 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Shit, is that right? And Epting is Saturday only. Jeez.

Have a link? I can't find the info online re: Brubaker.

9:54 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Argh. I found the info on the Bendis board.

No Bru or Epting, who are the creative team from my favorite book. Consider me bummed.

9:59 PM

 
Blogger hillary said...

Yeah, guests are here. He's on the righthand side under cancellations. He'll still be participating in the panel via iPhone, but signing anything is probably out of the question unless Steve Jobs has managed to work out teleportation with one of those things.

Jared and I will be there Friday and Saturday and perhaps Sunday too, unless we get bored, also missing Athfest.

10:00 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Awesome. I'm just going Friday. If you see a 6' white dude in a Cubs hat and black glasses, it's probably me.

10:06 PM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

I'm considering making the drive up there sometime late saturday afternoon when I get off of work to kill some time on Sunday.

1:55 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Ryan, there's definitely plenty to keep you busy. I burned the full eight hours today and still didn't get to all my books or any of my sketchbook. Whew!

3:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home