Thursday, March 2

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - The EARL, Oct. 15, 2005

I released a few tracks from this recording (the new songs) to You Ain't No Picasso back in the fall, but an e-mail from Malcolm R. motivated me to post the full show. It's the Clap Your Hands Say Yeah appearance from The EARL last October. It was a sold-out show and my first taste of live CYHSY. They've garnered a reputation as an inconsistent live act, but I rather enjoyed this set. Fun fact: they were originally scheduled to open for Ambulance LTD at this show, but the bill was flipped about three weeks prior due to CYHSY's surge in popularity.

I don't think Clap Your Hands really requires a write-up at this point, so I'll just provide the show info and leave it at that:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
October 15, 2005
The Earl, Atlanta, GA

Taped and converted by Rich Vining
Live recording: AT831's > batt box > Nomad Jukebox 3
Transfer: Nomad Jukebox 3 > Dell Inspiron 6000 > Cool Edit Pro 2.0 > CDWave > dbPowerAmp

1. Me and You Watson
2. Yellow Country Teeth >
3. Over and Over Again (Lost and Found)
4. audience/tuning
5. Details of the War
6. audience/tuning
7. Graceful Retreat >
8. Is This Love?
9. audience/tuning
10. Cigarettes
11. audience/tuning
12. In This Home on Ice
13. Gimme Some Salt
14. Satan Said Dance
15. Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood
16. audience/tuning
- encore -
17. Let the Cool Goddess Rust Away
18. audience/tuning
19. Heavy Metal

Ambulance LTD opened the show

You can download "Yellow Country Teeth" and "Satan Said Dance" to sample the quality. If you would like the full show, it is available here packaged in a .zip archive (107mb).

For more CYHSY info, tour dates, or to buy merch, visit their homepage. The Atlanta show is sold out.

Studio tracks courtesy of the band:
CYHSY - Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood
CYHSY - Over and Over Again (Lost and Found)

By the way -- they're on Letterman tonight (Thursday). Neat, huh?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, I really didn't enjoy them live at all. Alec's voice just couldn't hit any of the notes... Blargh. They didn't seem very friendly either. The crowd seemed to like them for the most part though.

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I enjoyed it, but didn't love it. Glad I saw them though. Never considered going to them over Silver Jews on the 10th. I actually got to talk to the drummer for quite a while because I went to the show with a mutual friend.

What I wanna know is why nobody ever talks about the fact that CYHSY's drummer (Sean) is also the frontman for the world's best Guns 'n Roses cover band, Mr. Brownstone.

See:
Here's a write-up on 'em.

6:29 PM

 
Blogger evan said...

This is a pretty good show...I'd like to see them live.

8:24 PM

 
Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

i enjoyed the show but wasn't blown away enough to resist the temptation of selling my NYE tix on craigslist. for a pretty penny, i may add.

4:06 PM

 
Blogger Paulie said...

Perhaps because I love the CD I loved the show. Getting to see a newly-popular band in a tiny vevnue also adds value for me, as does drinking $2.50 High Lifes so close to home. :)

6:09 AM

 
Blogger largehearted boy said...

Thanks again for taping (and sharing) these live shows. CTHSY hasn't done much for me live, but I've been a fan of their recorded output for a while.

6:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for comment at my site and also thanks in advance for the download to the CYHSY show which I hope to download soon. Just as soon as I make sure I have enough space on the hard drive.

7:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home