Sunday, April 23

Chicago trip / Bono solo tracks

Because I'm feeling particularly narcissistic at the moment, I'm going to share some more of my Chicago pics from the weekend before getting on to the music today.


From the 95th floor of the Hancock Building


The Hancock Building


The Chicago River


Mural at Harry Caray's


Outside the Billy Goat Tavern


On Michigan Avenue


It was a good weekend. Hope yours was as well.

As for musical offerings today, I've been inspired by those U2 contract demos to offer some related Bono material. Below are a number of tracks that Bono has released on compilations, soundtracks, or others' albums without his bandmates. Many are fun collaborations with other larger-than-life musical icons.

Bono - Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Bono - Hallelujah 95 [Leonard Cohen cover]
Bono - Save the Children [Marvin Gaye cover]
Bono - Can't Help Falling in Love [Elvis Presley cover]
Bono, Quincy Jones, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder - Let the Good Times Roll [Louis Jordan cover; Hendrix, others]
Bono, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Tom Petty, Carl Perkins - Give Me Back My Job [Carl Perkins cover]


Did you know that Bono's real name is Paul David Hewson? If you didn't, now you do.

If you just can't get enough of him, go visit Bono Online.

6 Comments:

Blogger Andisheh Nouraee said...

I love "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad" -- one of my favorite lyrics by Bono. I got it a while back on a CD single and was (and am) blown away by how beautifully it distills the essence of its subject: Frank Sinatra.

"Drove me to drink, but hey, that's not all bad."

Apparently Nancy Sinatra agrees as she covered it on her last album.

4:07 PM

 
Blogger Lizzy said...

big love to rich on the bono post. ive got an incredibly giant crush on him.

6:12 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Jeez, Lizzy. Talk about robbin' the rocking chair...

6:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if the Moon were really made of blue cheese? would you eat it?
That's crazy!

8:14 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

If you were a hot dog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself? I know I would.

9:06 PM

 
Blogger Lizzy said...

"Jeez, Lizzy. Talk about robbin' the rocking chair..."
Hahaha, i know, right? I can't help it. You'd laugh big time at my crushes. most are at the very least 30 years plus. weird, i know.

11:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home