Wednesday, June 14

Seagal, Lovely Feathers/Spinto Band, Bonnaroo, and fair warning

First of all, it seems the Steven Seagal show at the Variety tonight has been cancelled. Thanks to Lori for the update. I know how many of you were looking forward to that one.

Second, there's a lot going on in ATL tonight. My pick is the Lovely Feathers/Spinto Band show at Drunken Unicorn. I'll be there taping, so if you're gonna be at the show come say hello. I'll be in my usual spot back by the soundboard. Some samples from the bands are available on the MySpace pages linked above.

Third, I leave in the morning for Bonnaroo so C&T will be dormant for the weekend. If you'll be at the festival, say hi to the asshat in the Cubs cap and black glasses. There can't be too many of us running around.

Fourth, and on a related note, if you're home this weekend while I'm in Tennessee with Thom Yorke it might be a good time to raid and pillage the C&T archives. I've been leaving files up indefinitely, but I intend to remove older files from my EZArchive space in the near future.

Have a great weekend, true believers. Excelsior!

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

in tennessee with thom yorke...bastard. i've seen 'em 5 times but i'm exceedingly jealous. $200 is a little much. have a great time!

3:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say hi to Thom for me. He'll know who I am. :P

5:10 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I'll yell "Kate says hi!" between songs. I'm sure he'll be glad to hear from you.

;-)

5:18 PM

 
Blogger Leah said...

Have a great trip!! I can't wait to hear what you think of it all!

5:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the reports also, since you'll be one of the few there not blown out of your mind. Oh, and tell Thom to get his ass down to Atlanta; it's been too long..
Amy M

6:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing your take on the Bonaroo experience. The music will be awesome, but I bet the concertgoers and surroundings will provide just as much entertainment. I'm sure you'll have lots of stories to tell.

Have a fun and safe trip!

-geneva

10:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come no mention of Dr. Dog, the 3rd band that played that night at the Drunken Unicorn, huh huh huh? Dr. Dog played at the store earlier in the evening, and they were great! We play their CD here all the time, and it's a really good album, but I was truly impressed after seeing them live, even though it was just a dinky lil' in-store show! Anyway, thought I'd mention 'em because they deserve some attention.

4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home