Friday, April 6

Free fallin' with Sebadoh


I am totally going to see Sebadoh on Sunday night (April 8), original lineup and all. They'll be at Variety Playhouse along with The Bent Moustache. Between Jupiter Watts (at The EARL on Saturday) and Sebadoh, it's gonna be a great weekend of rock.

One thing they've been playing on this tour is a cover of Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'," which I understand they also used to do about fifteen years ago. Here it is from the March 24 show in Montreal:

Sebadoh - Free Fallin' [live Tom Petty cover; 3-24-2007]

I imagine I'll be taping. If you're there, look for the goofball under the mic stand...

6 Comments:

Blogger AmyM said...

See you there! I won tix today, but I'm prepared to pay either way...I guess you heard that the Starbar was sold to the owner of CJ's Landing and that Bryan of the 45's is booking it. Anna Kramer will play there Sat (before Ocha La Rocha) so I may hit that before Jupiter Watts.

6:53 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Are Black Lips gonna be there too? They're listed on the Upcoming.org site, but I've seen no other evidence of that happening...

7:01 PM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

No I think that's a mistake. The Lips are playing at Lenny's next Thurs with Snowden and All Night Drug Prowling Wolves at a benefit, so I'll be running back and forth between there and the Earl.

7:10 PM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

Whoops, I meant Lenny's and the Unicorn, which would be up and down Boulevard.. (there's a song in there somewhere..)


I gotta catch a nap...

7:19 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Gotcha. I feel ya on the nap thing.

Back to work...

7:23 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

For the Montreal show or the ATL one? I taped ATL but didn't keep track of the setlist.

11:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home