Tuesday, October 21

Oh No Oh My - "Be a Star"



Oh No Oh My are back with a new EP, Dmitrij Dmitrij, and they have sent along the first track freely available for public consumption. "Be a Star" is a bit heavier than what we've heard from these gents, but retains the clever pop flair that defined their earlier releases. I haven't heard the whole EP yet, but now I'll be sure to seek it out.

Oh No Oh My - Be a Star

Dmitrij Dmitrij is now available from iTunes and Amazon. They'll be touring Europe from late October through November.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jared said...

Is that a Laura Park illustration?

8:32 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I can't imagine it is, but I'll ask who did it. I do see the similarity in style.

9:41 AM

 
Blogger Dapplesauce said...

Yes it is. It was made for the Oh No Oh My website 2 years ago.

1:42 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Wow! I had no idea she had done work for the band. I'm really surprised.

Very cool.

1:52 PM

 
Blogger Dapplesauce said...

Laura made artwork for the first LP, and Between the Devil and The Sea. Not to mention all that website artwork, and a T-Shirt Design. We basically gave her free reign, and told her to do whatever she wanted, with the exception of the T-Shirt.

Most of it's on her flickr page.

Yeah that picture you have is almost 3 years old now, though. We've nixed the exclamation points since then, too.

11:57 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

That's really cool, Daniel. I met her this year up in Charlotte. Had no idea she did all that for the band back then.

12:04 AM

 
Blogger Dapplesauce said...

I haven't spoken to her for awhile. The first time I actually met her in person was at Lollapalooza, and we went by her apartment and picked up a Hammond Organ that her neighbors had left with her for a year or so.

I love Laura! She's tops.

2:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home