Tuesday, November 11

The Builders and The Butchers at Variety Playhouse on Sunday night, November 16


Ladies and gents, I've waited about three years to have this show on the horizon. One of my favorite bands, Portland's The Builders and The Butchers, are finally going to appear at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta this weekend. I've covered them here several times, but I've never seen them live. This should finally be corrected when they appear Sunday with Amanda Palmer of Dresden Dolls fame. They play wonderful gothic folk, with Ryan Sollee's wicked vocals backed by an elegant and rugged brand of acoustic folk and blues. Frankly, I adore them.

The Builders and The Butchers - Bottom of the Lake
The Builders and The Butchers - The Night

If you dig these guys as much as I do, I urge you to hit this show. Who knows when these gents will find their way back across this great (and large) nation.

The Builders and the Butchers are on Bladen Co. Records, and you can buy their self-titled release or split 12" with Loch Lomond from the Bladen Co. shop. More tour dates throughout the U.S. are available on their Myspace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great band. Can't wait for them to come back around to Portland...it'll be my first time seeing them, too. Enjoy the show!

12:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home