Wednesday, February 11

The National announce tour; Variety Playhouse on May 27


The National have announced a small selection of tour dates for late May. Luckily, one of those is a show at Atlanta's Variety Playhouse. Yes, I applauded in my kitchen when I read that on The Music Slut. It's been far too long since I've seen these lads live.

The National - Fake Empire

The tour:

5/21 Kool Haus, Toronto
5/22 Metropolis, Montreal,
5/23 House Of Blues, Boston, MA
5/24 9:30 Club, Washington, DC
5/25 9:30 Club, Washington, DC
5/27 Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, GA
5/28 Lincoln Theater, Raleigh, NC
5/29 Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA

I can't help but feel like I've missed an announcement or something about these guys. Are they still promoting Boxer, or is there a new record coming? Please chime in if you can drop some knowledge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Bryce was behind a new compilation album "Dark was the Night" that comes out in February and has a new track by them on it. Perhaps there's a new EP/album coming in addition to that, but their Myspace page just says they'll be "trying out some new songs."

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=15140729&blogID=470120623

5:54 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Thanks, Brandon. I'm aware of the comp, and glad to hear we'll get new material. Appreciate it!

10:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that they won't be releasing anything til next year, although I think it was just a fellow blogger telling me, nothing official. Shame though, it's definitely time for some new National stuff!

1:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home