Sunday, March 19

Man Man mania!

So, Man Man is at The EARL on Monday (3/20), and I'm pumped. Six Demon Bag is one of my favorite releases of the year so far and I've heard that the live show is a sight to behold. As the band has received a great deal of coverage online (e.g. Pelican's Perch, rbally, MOKB), I won't spend much time laying out the bio. Basically, they're a boisterous quintet from Philly. Their music has been described as difficult by some, but I think they're downright badass. For more information check out the website of their label, Ace Fu Records. You can sample some related wares below.

This is pretty cool - it's a fan-made video for "Engwish Bwudd" that uses footage from a 1974 Jack and the Beanstalk cartoon:


I don't know who compiled it, but that's pretty nifty.

In addition, here are some audio tracks to check out:
Man Man - Van Helsing Boombox
Man Man - 10 lb. Moustache
Man Man - I, Manface

You can stream more of their tunes on MySpace. If you're gonna be at the show, feel free to say hello. I imagine I'll be in customary spot at The EARL next to the pole between the bar and stage.

Elsewhere...

Optical Atlas has a great little interview with Robert Schneider of Marbles/Ulysses/Apples in Stereo.

Confessions of a Music Addict has a nice run-down of several Atlanta-area pop acts.

Good Weather for Airstrikes
and You Ain't No Picasso feature C&T favorites Heypenny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home