The C&T Mix Tape Project, Vol. III: Atlanta Twang
Now that we've spent some time with Atlanta's rock and indie/pop communities, it's time to sample what I've dubbed our "twang" contingent. I'll fully admit I'm using the name as a catch-all here; it occurs to me that bands like rockabilly/psychobilly The Cogburns and Americana act Georgia Fireflies would only appear together on a compilation such as this. But hey, it is a mix tape, right?
As noted, there is a virtual hodge-podge of genres represented on the "twang" mix. Country is represented (The Bluejays), as are indie folk (Tova Rinah & the Way Home, Brodie Stove, The Beggars' Guild) and the kings of Atlanta's Redneck Underground movement (Slim Chance & the Convicts). Alt-country finds a home in the mix (National Grain, The Roy Owens Jr., Bouldercrest Singing Group), as do country-rock (Anna Kramer, Chickens and Pigs, Johnny Knox & Hi-Test, Nekkid) and rockabilly/psychobilly (The Cogburns, Sodajerk). That said, I'd say this mix is a good, food-stomping time from start to finish.
As with the prior entries, you can download individual tracks or grab the entire mix with proper track names, ID3 tags, and a playlist (.m3u) file via Rapidshare.
C&T Mix Tape Project, Vol. III: Atlanta Twang
01. Tova Rinah and the Way Home - Dream (live)
02. Chickens and Pigs - Green Lights
03. National Grain - Pretty Women Won't Give Me the Time of Day
04. The Bluejays - I Saw the Light (demo)
05. Anna Kramer - I Can't Take It
06. Bouldercrest Singing Group - Nickel
07. Georgia Fireflies - Angeline the Baker [traditional]
08. Nekkid - Wildflower
09. Johnny Knox & Hi Test - Ain't I Been Good
10. The Beggar's Guild - Minnesota
11. Brodie Stove - Drift
12. Sodajerk - Heartache by the Numbers
13. The Cogburns - Southern Daisy
14. The Roy Owens Jr. - Bottom of the Sea
15. Slim Chance and the Convicts - I Hate to See You Go
All tracks: Rapidshare, 62mb.
The alternative mix is up next. Hope folks are enjoying these so far!