Thursday, December 14

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin coming to ATL!!!


My Missouri indie rock/pop heroes (there is something cool in Springfield!), Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, have let me know that they'll be playing at the Masquerade in Atlanta on January 6. They'll be playing with Harry & the Potters too. This is, simply put, awesome news. Broom was one of my favorite albums of last year, and has since been rereleased on Polyvinyl. Here's "Oregon Girl" from that album for those who haven't heard it:

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Oregon Girl

In addition, here's SSLYBY's video for "Pangea" which prominently features a pair of dinosaurs totally bummed out by continental drift. But (spoiler alert!) they get together in the end. Love conquers all and such.


Unfortunately, I'm going to have to miss this show because I'll be out of town at a professional conference. Although I'm glad they're coming to Atlanta, I'm terribly unhappy that I won't be able to attend. I hope everyone else goes. These boys are something special.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool...i've been waiting for one of those harry potter concept bands to come through town.

2:01 PM

 
Blogger Leah said...

YAY! I am so excited about this news Rich! I've been hooked on them since I got their catbird split with Michael Holt. Broom is one of my favorite albums of the year as well!

Sorry you can't make it! That really does suck! Hopefully it will be a huge show and they will come back soon!

3:45 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Ditto, Leah. I'm listening to that split right now, in fact. :-)

I did see them in February at Grand Palace Records in Murfreesboro. I've been hoping for ATL show since. It's a shame the timing didn't work out for me. I'm hoping for something in driving distance a few days later. I think I'm back in ATL on the 7th or 8th.

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

They are fantastic indeed, sucks you are going to miss them.

Damn professional conference!

;)

1:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home