Monday, December 11

They are not afraid of us and they will beat our asses


Veteran indie rockers Yo La Tengo are coming to the southeast in January and February. You've been warned. The band released a slate of tour dates today, including these (at least kinda) in the southeast [courtesy of Pitchfork]:

Jan 25 Louisville, KY - Bomhard Theater
Feb 02 Jacksonville, FL - Florida Theater
Feb 03 Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse
Feb 05 Chapel Hill, NC - Cat's Cradle
Feb 06 Chapel Hill, NC - Cat's Cradle
Feb 08 Charlottesville, VA - Starr Music Hall

The full list of dates is available here.

They'll be touring to support their current release, I am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass, on Matador Records. A couple tracks from the album:

Yo La Tengo - Beanbag Chair
Yo La Tengo - Pass the Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind

Mark those calendars!

6 Comments:

Blogger AmyM said...

I've always enjoyed their live show. Thanks for the heads up!

10:36 PM

 
Blogger Brandon said...

good to know...i like the new album better than the last one! maybe they'll do their covers thing...

11:54 AM

 
Blogger Paulie said...

Saw them in Chicago during the Pitchfork Music Festival. I am sure that this show will be better than standing in 95+ degree weather.

1:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and thanks for the heads up on this show too! one of my favorite live bands!

10:35 AM

 
Blogger B Fletcher said...

That picture from the Masquerade show brings back memories. My band at the time, Marcy, opened that show.

Heh, Yo La Tango, good times.

10:19 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Brian, that's awesome!

And I wondered how long it would take for someone to point out the misspelling. That was pretty much why I chose that pick to post. :)

10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home