Saturday, February 10

Pelle Carlberg - "Clever Girls"


Speaking of Swedes, this seems like as good a time as any to share a song I've been mildly obsessed with for about six months. Pelle Carlberg is a veteran of Sweden's pop scene, best known for his work with Edson. However, he's recently been concentrating on solo material. The results have been pretty killer, if I do say so myself.

My favorite track has been the ridiculously catchy "Clever Girls..." that Carlberg made available via his website last year. While one female friend of mine (hi Charity!) called the lyrics depressing and I'd like to think we men aren't quite so shallow, it's just a fun track.

Pelle Carlberg - Clever Girls Like Clever Boys Much More Than Clever Boys Like Clever Girls

If you like that, here's some more dandy stuff from Mr. Carlberg:

Pelle Carlberg - Riverbank [from Everything. Now!]
Pelle Carlberg - Go to Hell, Miss Rydell [from Everything. Now!]
Pelle Carlberg - Middleclass Kid [demo]

For more on Carlberg, see his official site. He is also, of course, on MySpace. His next album, In a Nutshell, is due out March 28. You can order his material from Labrador Records or from Amazon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I hate to disagree with you Rich but I think very often we men are that shallow, and the ones who aren't are frequently overlooked by the fairer sex as well, to make matters worse.

Cynicism aside, I like Clever Girls and Riverbank a lot, but not so sure about Miss Rydell. What do you reckon - buy the new album or 'Everything. Now!'?

5:09 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Agreed with ya, M. Not sure on your Pelle query though. I have E.N! and like it, but haven't heard the new one at all. I do, however, like "Clever" and "Middleclass" more than the tracks from E.N! and they're both unreleased and might be on the new one. Hmmm.

6:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home