Tuesday, February 13

Valentine's Day Mixtape or Last Minute Gift Idea

My girlfriend wanted a mix CD of love songs for Valentine's Day, so I thought I'd share it with everyone else out there to download and burn, and hopefully you'll surprise and impress your loved one.


1. A Band of Bees - I Love You
2. Sondre Lerche & The Faces Down Quartet - (I Wanna) Call It Love
3. Death Cab for Cutie - Earth Angel
4. RJD2 - Making Days Longer
5. T Rex - Hot Love
6. Saturday Looks Good To Me - Since You Stole My Heart
7. Elf Power - Come Lie Down With Me (And Sing My Song)
8. Anna Kramer - I Like to Have You Near
9. Johnny Cash - 'Cause I Love You
10. The Selmanaires - Take It Slow With Me [live 1-7-2006]
11. The Rosebuds - Warm Where You Lay
12. Magnetic Fields - If There's Such a Thing as Love
13. Of Montreal - Everything Disappears When You Come Around
14. Slushco - Waiting For Response
15. Belle & Sebastian - If You Find Yourself Caught in Love
16. Eddy Clearwater (featuring Los Straightjackets) - Let The Four Winds Blow
17. Elvis Presley - I Need Your Love Tonight
18. The Beatles - Eight Days a Week
19. The Gurus - It's Only Love
20. Maximo Park - Kiss You Better

Update, 2/18: Took down the pic, as I presume Alex doesn't object and I agree some criticism was warranted. It's not important re: the content anyway. I shrugged it off as black humor, but don't see any reason to offend anyone.

10 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Thanks, Alex!

10:56 PM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

Great freaking mix Rich! Impressive even. ;-)


psst...Happy Birthday!

2:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.



forex

4:07 AM

 
Blogger Matthew said...

Nice mix - perfect combination of the classic, the cliched, the alternative and the obscure!

Me and my other half have rather taken a the opposite approach, but I think it works nonetheless.

Nice pic as well - might raise an eyebrow or two!

5:13 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Rachel, not that it's not my mix -- this is an Alex post. He gets all the credit here.

9:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

many thanks for the cool mix. Could really save my day, we'll see. And I wanted to ask if you'd do a repost of the VU Tribute album pretty please?

2:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um...I generally like your blog...but seriously, that pic does more than raise an eyebrow. It is very upsetting...I just don't think it's ok to take the towers and interpret them into something as trite at a valentine...especially without any kind of explanation as to why the person drew it. I mean...falling stick figures?

There are a lot of us in nyc who simply will never have a sense of humor about this.

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Alex, care to respond?

7:34 PM

 
Blogger Bad Empire said...

Pic is tasteless and shitty.

4:14 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

For those late to the party, THESE TRACKS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

1:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home