Saturday, April 7

OMG REO WTF

Really, this pretty much speaks for itself:

REO Speedwagon plays Wal-Mart

(WCCO) REO Speedwagon became a rock icon with number one hits "Can’t Fight This Feeling" and "Keep On Loving You." They played giant stadiums in the 70’s and 80’s, but Friday they performed at the Walmart in Eagan.

The band is promoting it’s first new album in a decade and it has an exclusive deal with Walmart.

"I’ve been watching them for 30 years," said Jay Powell from Cottage Grove, "and I had to come to Walmart to meet them, I never would have thought that."

That's rock and roll, kids.

Tenacious D - Keep on Loving You [REO Speedwagon cover; live 12-20-2003]

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh man, I missed it! Heh. Hey, how come some of the songs you post (like the REO cover) has "strikethrough" through it and isn't a link?

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Paulie said...

I'm an old man. I listened to REO back in the olden days. That's where their music should stay. I say WallyWorld is too good for them.

@Chris - It's my guess that the strike through was a link when Rich posted originally but the file has been removed. Rather than take the text away completely Rich changed it to a strike through to show us what we missed out on.

6:43 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Paulie for the win.

I've been removing dead links in old posts. Mostly stuff that still gets clicks even though the .mp3 files aren't available. This was one of them.

I know it's hell on RSS feeds, but I figured it's better not to have people trying to download stuff that's not there anymore.

11:00 PM

 
Blogger Michelle said...

I don't even know how I stumbled upon this post, and I know it's super old BUT it's funny because right now we have tickets on sale for Saliva...in a Kmart parking lot. it's the new trend! take the music to the people. or something. it's selling really well, anyways.

hey man, would you mind giving www.talive.com some linkage? we've got a link to your blog on ours

8:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home