Friday, August 3

birds & wire

Man, do I dig the ampersand.

I don't know what it is lately, but I've come across a good number of excellent female singer-songwriters in the past several months. Another I've not yet mentioned here is Athens' own Lera Lynn, who fronts birds & wire. Their music is folky with clear jazz influences -- it is little surprise that their Myspace features a lovely cover of Nick Drake's "River Man." Lynn and company aren't offering any goods for sale yet, but have released a few unmastered tracks to the world, two of which you can download here.

birds & wire - Oh My
birds & wire - Goin' Gone

Quite promising, and I'm eager to hear more. They have a few upcoming shows, all here in downtown Athens:

8/04 Tasty World, Athens, GA
8/17 Morton Theater, Athens, GA (NPR taping)
9/04 Melting Point, Athens, GA

One of the shows is a five minute walk from my office and other is equidistant from my home, so hopefully I'll see them in the near future. For more info, you can see their Myspace.


Blogger mightyj said...

First link sounds great. I think the second one may be broken though.

10:25 AM

Blogger Rich said...

I fixed it. Thanks for letting me know!

11:05 AM


Post a Comment

<< Home