Sunday, August 26

Regina Spektor - "On the Radio"


I've been spending a lot of time working at Hot Corner Coffee the past few weeks, and I have to give the staff there props (do people still say that?) for their excellent music selection. One song I hear in there once in a while is Regina Spektor's "On the Radio," and it makes me smile every time. I could care less if it appeared in an episode of Grey's Anatomy.

Regina Spektor - On the Radio

For some reason, the opening piano part totally reminds me of Blackstreet's "No Diggity." I'm old.

As for Regina Spektor... she'll be at The Tabernacle in Atlanta on November 15. Tix are available now. The full run of Regina Spektor tour dates is available on her Myspace.

4 Comments:

Blogger k said...

I do love this song, but even more because it reminds me of all the other awesome songs on the record, and all her other ones too.

She was awesome at the free show down at Park Tavern last year... so glad i could make it...

12:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot corner does indeed usually have some wicked (does anyone say That anymore?) jams (how about that?) spinning (eh?). except when someone goes sufjan-crazy every once in a while.

1:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind the Grey's Anatomy - I don't watch it anyway - but I really can't stand this song. More specifically, not the bulk of the song itself, which is pretty good, but the hysterical yelping of 'radio-oh-oh!' drives me crazy.

It's one of those things, I don't mind her music at all in general, but I can get my head around the bizarre yipping and yapping in the middle of nearly every song.

6:52 PM

 
Blogger Jeff Elrod said...

cha, hot corner's pretty good. sometimes they're a little up their own "lo-fi-fuzz-is-the-best-staying-awake-music" asses, but we all do sometimes, right?

5:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home