Monday, August 20

Just dropped in

As will surprise few of you, I'm among the devoted masses who worship at the altar of The Big Lebowski. Among the multitude of things to love about the film is its soundtrack -- even if The Dude does hate the fucking Eagles, man. That film was my first exposure to "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition my Condition Was In)," a song penned to reflect the experience of using LSD and featuring Kenny Rogers on vocals. Awesome, no? The song's appearance in The Dude's dream sequence is tops:


You can imagine my sheer delight the first time I realized that Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings had covered the song, releasing it as a 7" via Daptone Records. Deeeelicious.

Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition my Condition Was in)

Really, I just wanted an excuse to share this song. It makes me shake my hindquarters in public places.

The next release from Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, 100 Days, 100 Nights, is due October 2.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joe Baine Colvert said...

The Dude abides...

2:30 AM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

Always loved that song and that video actually does it justice. I featured it on a blog about drug songs.

4:04 AM

 
Blogger Dave said...

Rich, Just an FYI and you may want to post this on the blog...On September 21 & 22nd at Midnight the Midtown Art Cinema will be screening THE BIG LEBOWSKI!

10:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

made my day.

10:58 AM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

Wow Sept 21 is my birthday!!!

12:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home