Monday, September 17

The Lolligags - "Wired Up"


You know, I'm the first to claim outright that electro-pop is not my thing. Then I become obsessed with recent Of Montreal for months at a time and wonder whether I'm just a liar. Now another Athens band, The Lolligags, has forced me to revisit old assumptions. Their current EP on Happy Happy Birthday To Me (order here for $5) is just four tracks long, but I find myself wanting to play it repeatedly. Particularly in my favor lately is lead track "Wired Up" -- far too few songs have lyrics about obsession, insomnia, and throwing coffee mugs. Yes, please.

The Lolligags - Wired Up

The Lolligags make their live debut at Athens' Caledonia Lounge with Cars Can Be Blue and Velcro Stars on November 2. See their Myspace for more info.

Bonus mp3 files, courtesy HHBTM:

Cars Can Be Blue - I Used to Think
Velcro Stars - Brand New

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home