Friday, July 11

Silent Kids play at WonderRoot Community Arts Center tomorrow, July 12

Atlanta-based psych-pop band Silent Kids have passed along word that instead of rocking a smoky club this Saturday, they'll be playing a fundraiser at the WonderRoot Community Art Center. The show is a benefit for MINT, a "networking conduit" for Atlanta's art communities. Sounds like good tunes for a good cause.

Silent Kids - Stars and Rust
Silent Kids - Neptunist's Revenge (Requiem for Alexander Von Humboldt)

The show starts at 8pm, with the Silent Kids playing last about 10:45pm. I'm sure they'll have copies of their new album Dinosaurs Turn Into Birds available, so I suggest that you check it out as well.

On a side note... I just learned that Best Friends Forever is playing at WonderRoots on August 13. That's awesome, but... it's during Athens Popfest! I may weep.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are playing Wonderroot on Aug 10 as well - its shaping up to be a cool little joint, and yeah - its a good cause!

Shameless plug: we're having our CD release show on July 19th at the Highland Ballroom too...it's a FREE show. Those are always a good thing, right??

6:54 PM

 
Blogger Mike Germon said...

The other acts at WonderRoot that night are god enough to make it out early for. I'm especially looking forward to MINT's intern who performs as Dog Bite. Check out some of his trance-folk tunes at myspace.com/dogusbitus Vera Fang and Andre are great too.

8:21 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Thanks, Mike. I'm not familiar with the others, so I'll check them out.

8:24 PM

 
Blogger breathmint said...

BFF are also playing near Orlando... during my trip to Chicago!! I will definitely weep.

10:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home