Tuesday, July 1

This, that, and Thor


From Catwoman #24 by Ed Brubaker and Guy Davis

I'll try to get back to real music coverage shortly, but I've been busy lately. A few notes:

Music: The Young Sinclairs and Sound Houses were great at Caledonia Lounge last week, and I've had the current album from North Carolina roots artist Cary Fridley playing constantly. I imagine she'll be the next artist I feature when I can write for fun again.

Film: Wanted = overrated. Sorry, Mark Millar. Bring on Hellboy and The Dark Knight.

Comics: Matt Fraction owned last week with three great books (Immortal Iron Fist #16, Young Avengers #6, Thor: Reign of Blood). The Star Wars-themed mini-comic Harvest Is When I Need You the Most is also a winner even at $7. Tomorrow's highlight for me is probably Jonah Hex #33 with the terrific Darwyn Cooke on art. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

For now, I'll sign off with a video discovered via the comments on Chris's Invincible Super-Blog. Presenting "Thor: God of Metal":



\m/

7 Comments:

Blogger Mike Germon said...

No way is "Wanted" overrated. Bekmambatov has provided us with some of the best action sequences of our time.

5:12 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Yes, he has. But the story in the last hour is stupid. I don't want to say much more to avoid spoilers... but this film has just about the greatest MacGuffin of all time.

5:15 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Waaallll-EEEEEEE

2:49 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

PJ, it looks like I'll be seeing Wall-E in about five hours. :)

3:12 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Yay! I'm anxious to hear your take on it.

3:33 PM

 
Blogger darkness said...

it sucks that Fraction's off Iron Fist, but that was a mighty fine way to go out. he just lobbed a batting practice ball up there for Swierczyski (or whatever the hell) to bash out of the park.

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Agreed. I hope Sweizrzyci (or whatever) is up for it. I dropped his Cable book like a hot potato, and I was quite interested in the story coming out of Messiah Complex.

3:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home