Thursday, March 23

The Living Blue


Like another band recently featured on C&T, Headlights, The Living Blue are from Champaign, Illinois. They are signed to Minty Fresh Records, and are currently on tour supporting their newest release titled Fire, Blood, Water (2005). Formerly known as The Blackouts, the band earned national attention by excelling in Little Steven’s Underground Garage Battle of the Bands before releasing their current album. Interestingly enough, my first exposure to them was as the music playing on Joe's MySpace profile. It was the opening chords to "Serrated Friend" that first piqued my interest, and I've since ordered the album.

The Living Blue - Serrated Friend
The Living Blue - Tell Me Leza

For more info, music, and tour dates visit their official site or their MySpace page.

You can also stream their entire current album via the Minty Fresh store by clicking on the album cover. You can buy the album from either Minty Fresh or Amazon.

4 Comments:

Blogger jonder said...

I really like the look of your new banner.

10:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Serrated Friend. This band reminds me of someone but I can't think of who just know.

Saw Man Man last night. They are insane! Especially the drummer. Banging things wildly. I liked how the sax man played two at the same time. :) USA is a Monster was horrid though.

4:50 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Man Man was fun here too. I didn't like either opener though, and one was Parts & Labor. Expected them to be really good. Meh.

5:14 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Oh, and I didn't realize that Man Man's drummer is/was in Icy Demons. I'll have to post about them sometime.

5:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home