Saturday, May 6

The Mountain Goats - Babylon Springs EP

Thanks to Largehearted Boy for the tip on this one.


Good news for the Mountain Goats fans out there. As John Darnielle promised, the recent Australian tour EP has finally been released domestically. The Babylon Springs EP is now available via Chicago-based Moops Music for only $6. I just ordered mine. I've already had a chance to hear it, and it's pretty typical of recent Darnielle fare. Here's a sample:

The Mountain Goats - Sail Babylon Springs

The songs on this EP aren't of the introspective, personal kind found on The Sunset Tree, but that's just fine. Darnielle and his band sound tight; I'm particularly fond of the piano in the track linked above. The Trembling Blue Stars cover "Sometimes I Still Feel the Bruise" is also a nice addition, but I wanted to feature a Darnielle original.

Oh, and for all the people who thought the Stereogum contest for Red Hot Chili Peppers stuff was lame, I've found an alternative for you.


All you have to do is attend a Gwinnett Gladiators game during the playoffs and enter. By the way, last night they had a thrilling come-from-behind 5-3 victory over the Toledo Storm. Woohoo.

---------------------

Atlanta locals, note the happenings in town tonight (5/6):

A Fir-Ju Well, Anna Kramer (free, acoustic, 7pm) @ Aurora Coffee (Virginia Highlands)
The Shut-Ups, Silent Kids @ Star Bar
Southern Culture on the Skids, The Forty-Fives @ The EARL

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ordered my EP too - soooo happy I'm able to get it!

8:41 AM

 
Blogger largehearted boy said...

Moops is also going out of business, and has several MG's releases at great prices.

10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home