Thursday, August 10

Change of pace


Alright, y'all... time for a change of pace here. I'm swamped with dissertation and job market stuff for the next while. Therefore, I'd like try a new format for the time being. All posts until further notice will be short and snappy. Don't expect in-depth reviews or commentary. Most of my writing and work time is going to have to be spent on academic pursuits. I hope the other grad students out there can feel my pain. I'll still try to provide interesting content.

Cool? Cool. Thanks for checking in. I heart you guys.

- R

P.S. - Took the time to watch A Streetcar Named Desire this week and was thoroughly underwhelmed. Am I missing something?

7 Comments:

Blogger AmyM said...

Good luck with everything, Rich!
The Hollywood version of Streetcar was cleaned up to fit the morals etc. of its time which lessened its impact. I heard an interview on "Fresh Air" yesterday where an actor who played Kowalski on stage said that Brando felt he had ruined the part in the movie because Stanley was not a hunk, really an angry insecure loser and that everyone at the end of the story has been destroyed. Brando never worked on stage after doing "Streecar" because it was so devastating to play him every night for 2 years. Vivien Leigh (one of my favorite actresses of all time) did the same thing on the London stage and it helped accelerate her impending psychosis from untreated manic depression....
(I almost majored in theatre arts, please forgive me...)

3:25 PM

 
Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

oh grad school...

4:12 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Haha.

How's your thesis coming, FAB?

4:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's finished. Ask her what topic she chose.

7:41 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

So, FAB... how about it?

11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dissertations are a motherfucker. Good luck and here's to hoping you have a good committee. Once you get those signatures, it's all good.

Chris C
PhD Pharmacology and Toxicology 2004

5:17 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Thanks, Chris! Y'all can prob tell that I haven't worked on the blog at all for a week or so, or even checked the blog's email. I'm buried. I hope to have something to soon.

BTW, I'm blessed with a great committee. Here's hoping I'll be a doc myself soon enough.

5:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home