Saturday, October 28

EZarchive issues

I'm sorry folks, but nothing hosted on EZarchive is working right now. They're doing something to their service and it's seriously screwing up my blog. I have no idea what is going on with them in the long term, and I'm afraid I may have just lost my filehost. I don't have time right now to research other options, so I'll just have to ride this out for the time being. Bah.

By the way, I have never been able to figure out why my blog looks fine in Firefox (which I use) but the text is centered and weird on IE. Anybody have any pointers?

6 Comments:

Blogger aikin said...

I'm seeing a lot of issues with ezArchive. They supposedly upgraded, but there are some serious problems. I just switched to MediaMax (www.mediamax.com). It costs more than ezArchive, but seems good so far.

3:16 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

I decided after having a small taste of what EZarchive 3.0 was gonna be, that I go ahead and get a new hosting provider. I got one at www.midphase.com

About your blog on IE. It might be one of your images on your sidebar. Sometimes the size of it can effect everything on the entire blog. Otherwise it might be some html tag errors in some of the previous entries.

4:14 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Wouldn't surprise me at all if I have some sketchy HTML. I'm a novice at best. I'm curious about the size issue for sure. I'll play with the HTML a bit, I guess. Sad part is I'm not sure if it's always been goofy in IE or not. I never use it, so I don't know how long (always?) it's been messed up. Argh.

2:03 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Holy shit, I think I fixed it. Please let me know if things are still funky in your browser!

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Yeah, it looks just fine now on IE :)

I frequently have the same problems as well. Sometimes i don't even bother trying to fix it. What fixed the problem anyways?

4:23 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I just closed a centering tag in the left sidebar. Nothing more. Figured out that was the problem after I moved the Rock the Vote button over there and it centered itself without a tag telling it to do so. Heh.

I am a genius.

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home