Tuesday, October 24

Princeton - "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"


I certainly hope y'all enjoyed the Princeton post below, and took the time to check those gents out. They've since been kind enough to send me their cover of Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" to offer to you fine folks. I so remember my mom playing this tape when I was a kid. I guess it was one of those artists she'd blare while cleaning the house, along with other FM stalwarts like Madonna, The Bangles, Pet Shop Boys, or Huey Lewis & the News. Ah, nostalgia. It really is a timeless song, whether or not it's identified with one of the icons of '80s oddity.

Princeton - Girls Just Want to Have Fun

In addition, here's the live Ben Gibbard version of the song that was also featured here recently:

Ben Gibbard - Girls Just Want to Have Fun

I'd throw up Cyndi Lauper's version as well, but I don't seem to have it available. This is an oversight which must be corrected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home