Thursday, November 2

Saturday night... live!

A few exciting things going on this Saturday that I thought I'd note here. Thus:


Blog darlings Arizona will be playing the "holy shit I made it to the end party" for the for the 2nd Annual Faster Moustache 24-Hour Bike Ride. The show will, oddly enough, be at the Johnny's Pizza location at 676 Highland Avenue in Atlanta. In support will be local indie acts Cassavetes and Lasch. You should all know by now that Cassavetes is one of my favorite local bands, but I don't know the first thing about Lasch.

Lasch is on at 8pm, Cassavetes at 9pm, and Arizona at 10pm. The music has to end at 11pm, so the times are solid. Don't be late. I'm told there will be bottomless PBR for a nominal fee, so come and get your Blue Ribbon on.

Arizona - Away
Cassavetes - My Heart Your Beat

I have live recordings somewhere of the band (Yellow & Green) that some of the Arizona guys were in back when they were in college in Atlanta. I might share those one day if I ever pony up for a legitimate filehost.


Also on Saturday night, nerdcore rapper MC Chris (also of Adult Swim fame) will be performing at The Loft. He is currently touring to support his new record, Dungeon Master of Ceremonies. While other rappers brag about their rims or bling or whatever, MC Chris name-drops Adobe Photoshop, Star Wars characters, and Bennigan's. Oh, and he plays MC Pee Pants on Aqua Teen Hunger Force. How can you beat that?

MC Chris - Fett's Vette
MC Chris - DQ Blizzard

Yes, the first song is about Boba Fett. And if you're a Star Wars geek at all (and I am), it's awesome. I can totally see Boba being a bit gangsta, yo. For more on MC Chris, check out his MySpace.


At The EARL on Saturday night, The Close, The Orphins, and Rizzudo will rock the place to celebrate the release of The Close's new album Sun, Burn. I haven't heard the new release yet, but here's a track from The Close's prior album, It's a Secret to Everybody:

The Close - John Henry by Decision

Also on Saturday night, Sufjan Stevens and Calexico (with Iron & Wine guesting!) will be on the PBS series Austin City Limits. In Atlanta it's on at midnight on PBA 30. Sounds like a job for Tivo!

Long story short -- there's plenty going on this Saturday night. Whew.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That "holy shit I made it to the end" thing was made up by Jay from Cassavetes. That's not really the name of the party but it sure sounds like what everybody will likely be thinking.

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I figured it might have been something like that. I'm gonna leave it anyway, because that's what I'd be thinking. ;)

2:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bottomless PBR? If I hate myself enough, that's where I'll be.

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I'm told (thanks FAB!) that the Arizona/Cassavetes show has a $5 cover for non-riders. Bottomless PBR is for riders only, but there will be drink specials for all.

So there ya go.

12:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home