Tuesday, March 20

The Black Lips and The Old Grey Lady

Ladies and gents, here's a fun little tidbit. An 8+ minute video of the Black Lips is up at New York Times Video, in which they're dubbed them "hardest working band at SXSW." Travis from Drunken Unicorn and Rob's House Records makes an appearance too (he's the road manager). That rules.

For the Atlanta locals, the Black Lips play at The EARL tomorrow night (Weds., 3/21) with The Ponys. I'll be there in my usual spot. Say hi.

Black Lips - Stranger
Black Lips - Not a Problem
Black Lips - Oh Katrina
The Ponys - Double Vision
The Ponys - Poser Psychotic

6 Comments:

Blogger AmyM said...

See you there! I'll be at Smith's for Robyn Hitchcock tonight..Busy week ahead!

7:06 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Nice! Have fun tonight. I need to stay in and write. Yay.

7:08 PM

 
Blogger Sloan Simpson said...

Rich are you taping The Ponys? I have a friend who's dying for me to go record, but don't think I'll make it. Don't even know if they're cool with it, but thought you might know. . .

12:09 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

As long as I get there before they play, I'll tape them. Should have plenty of drive space/battery.

12:11 PM

 
Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

i'll be there tonight. oh, and it's possible the sound guy records the shows...

5:08 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

FAB, they will but I think it's only by request of the band. They have the bands pay some nominal fee to tape the show. I wish more thought to do that. I think it's a matrix mix too using the SBD and AUD mics hung over the stage.

6:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home