Friday, March 16

Goldrush - The Heart is the Place

Among the finer promos I've received recently is the forthcoming CD by UK act Goldrush, titled The Heart is the Place. The album is actually due out next Tuesday, March 20, and I'd guess it'll be getting plenty of attention soon enough. I can already imagine scores of college radio music directors drooling over it.

Goldrush straddle a line between an indie aesthetic and one I'd more readily associate with accessible commercial material -- think Grandaddy/The Broken West meets Snow Patrol/Doves. Although it may not be evident from evoking those bands, Goldrush's music is also infused with some Americana elements... but they're still not afraid to incorporate synth and straight-ahead rock. They do venture into "epic" territory more often than I'd like, but that's a matter of personal taste.

Goldrush - Every One of Us
Goldrush - Heaven's My Destination

It appears that Goldrush is in the U.S. right now for a SXSW appearance and some western dates, and then they're headed back to across the Atlantic. For more info and music to sample, see their homepage or Myspace page. You can purchase The Heart is the Place from Better Looking Records.

Now, excuse me while I go watch the Cubs vs. White Sox game on WGN. Woohoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger alt-gramma said...

I'm starting to like Goldrush too. Their niche is not easy to pin down, but I think you got it pretty well.

I'll have to watch out for that album. Jeez, so much music, so little time!

~alt-gramma~

4:26 PM

 
Blogger Ryan said...

I really like their 2005 album, Ozona and I didn't know they had a new album coming out...thanks for the heads up!

And it's good to see I'm not the only one excited about baseball season...I'm heading down to Florida next weekend for 3 Phillies spring training games and I can't wait.

8:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home