Friday, March 9

Local Music Scene: Kill Gordon

It may come as a surprise to find out that the CD which has spent the most time playing in my iPod this year is the debut full-length CD release from Atlanta's Kill Gordon (warning, MySpace link).

Kill Gordon is a three-piece consisting of Kyle Gordon (lead vocals, guitars, drums), Cyrus Shahmir (backing vocals, bass, keyboard), and Daniel Brett David Miksch (drums, tambourine) which formed in 2005 and have been playing the Southeast music scene ever since. I was fortunate to be given a head's up for one of their shows at The EARL in 2006 and was blown away by the show I saw that evening. I eagerly awaited the release of "Kill Gordon" and obviously have not been dissatisfied.

The best way that I can describe "Kill Gordon" is that it is a collection of eleven raw, straight up, in your face, and fantastic rock songs. There seem to be no bizarre studio tricks, no session players, and definitely no background orchestra on the disc. No, it's just Kyle, Cyrus, and Daniel thankyouverymuch.

I suggest you go out and pick up "Kill Gordon" at a local CD store, or if you are so inclined you could pick up a copy at one of their live performances.

Kill Gordon is headlining Saturday night at The Drunken Unicorn.

3 Comments:

Blogger AmyM said...

Thanks, I liked that! Too bad there's so much going on tonight; I'll have to catch another show of theirs soon.
(BTW the Thermals were fantastic last night!) Catch you when you're able to get out again...

1:42 PM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

Sorry, that message was meant for Rich!

1:59 PM

 
Blogger Paulie said...

Darn, I thought I had a fan. :)

I was supposed to make it out to see The Thermals last night, but flaked.

1:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home