Friday, March 9

Bright Eyes, The National coming to ATL

Bright Eyes will make the jump to the Fox Theater this time as he tours to support the forthcoming Cassadaga (due April 10 on Saddle Creek). Conor Oberst and band will make their Atlanta appearance on May 18. No supporting act has been announced yet, but Conor always seems to put together outstanding bills.

Bright Eyes - No One Would Riot for Less [from Cassadaga]
Bright Eyes - Four Winds [from Cassadaga]
Bright Eyes - Tourist Trap [from Four Winds EP]
Bright Eyes - We Are Nowhere and It's Now [from I'm Wide Awake...]
Bright Eyes - Take It Easy (Love Nothing) [from Digital Ash in a Digital Urn]
Bright Eyes - Lover I Don't Have to Love [from Lifted...]

For the full set of dates, go visit Pitchfork.

The last time The National came through town, I intended to go. I went out to start my car and it refused to cooperate. As they were then touring to support Alligator, which kicks much ass, I was pretty pissed off. I've since gotten rid of that heap, so hopefully history won't repeat itself. Then again, I may be in Manchester, TN, when they roll into down. The National will be at The EARL on June 13, a single day before their Bonnaroo appearance.

The National - Wasp Nest [from Cherry Tree]
The National - Slipping Husband [from Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers]
The National - Murder Me Rachael [from Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers]

They'll be supporting their forthcoming LP titled Boxer, which is due on May 22. See the full schedule of dates at Pitchfork.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

You know I just can't seem to get into the Four Winds EP hopefully Cassadaga will give me something to get excited about.

The National can get me excited though, a couple of good shows coming your way, two of many.

9:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home