Monday, February 26

Ben Gibbard solo in ATL, May 12

Death Cab's Ben Gibbard is embarking on a solo tour in May, including a 5/12 stop at Center Stage here in Atlanta. Should be fun, although I fear with the band's current popularity tickets for that venue will be higher than I'd like.

Rather than repost Gibbard tracks I've posted before, I'll refer C&T's readers to a complete 2001 show by the Death Cab frontman at It's Hard to Find a Friend. Here's a taste:

Ben Gibbard - Photobooth [live 1-19-2001]

The full slate of dates is available from Death Cab's Myspace.

UPDATE: Well, tix are $20. Not bad at all. And David Bazan of Pedro the Lion is opening. Nice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Myr said...

Oh man, thank you SO much for the link to the full show! I'm on the east coast, and it's a three hour drive to the closest show I could theoretically make. I was hesitant to commit to making the drive without having an idea of how Ben is live. Thanks!

6:07 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Not a problem. Do note that the show I linked to was very informal and small, so I imagine the upcoming shows won't be as sloppy or chatty. I could be wrong. Hopefully we can still count on a goofy cover though. :)

6:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have already purchased my tix to the atl show! i can't wait, i saw death cab at the fox, but i have really wanted to see ben in a smalled venue.

6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home