Wednesday, March 7

The Sammies


They're currently on the cover of Southeast Performer, and it appears they're about to make an impact beyond their home region. Charlotte's The Sammies strike me as something like what The Whigs would sound like if they listened to more post-punk. They sound a little dirty, a little frisky, and seem likely to have posters of Joe Strummer and Ian Curtis in their practice space. That said, I haven't heard the whole record and I haven't seen them live... so I'm making judgments based on a couple streaming tracks. Check these out for yourself:

The Sammies - Falling Out
The Sammies - Caretaker

The Jet-meets-Jagger "In the Basement" is available to hear on their Myspace, and I might just like it more than either of the tracks above. For more on The Sammies, see their official site.

One additional note to bands... is it really necessary that you mention in your bio that your song was played as background music on a TV show? I see this all the time, and I'm not sure why I should care. Eh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Fat Asian Baby said...

where has spencer been hiding?

4:36 PM

 
Blogger Fenton said...

Man you are right about 'in the basement'.

1:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home