Saturday, March 24

Cold War Kids 3-23-2007 @ Vinyl, Atlanta, GA


The Cold War Kids absolutely owned Vinyl last night. The sold-out show was nowhere near as intimate as some of their prior visits to Atlanta, but the band seems to have refined its performance and command of the stage. If you can catch 'em on this tour, I'd suggest you do so.

Individual file downloads are down (more filehost issues...) but up again and the full show is available below.

Cold War Kids
March 23, 2007
Vinyl, Atlanta, GA

Taped: SP CMC-4's > batt box > Nomad Jukebox 3
Conversion: JB3 > Cool Edit Pro 2 > CD Wave

01. Nobodys Fault But Mine^
02. We Used to Vacation
03. Passing the Hat
04. Rubidoux
05. Hang Me Up to Dry
06. Saint John*
07. Robbers
08. Hospital Beds
09. God, Make Up Your Mind
10. Hair Down
11. banter
12. Every Valley is Not a Lake
13. Quiet, Please
14. banter/audience
- encore -
15. Tell Me in the Morning
16. banter
17. Well Well Well**


^Blind Willie Johnson
*with members of Delta Spirit and Tokyo Police Club
**John Lennon cover

The full show is available in .mp3 format via Sendspace here or here.

A lossless (.flac) torrent of the show is available at dimeadozen.org (registration required).

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great concert! Here are some photos I took of CWK a few weeks ago if you are interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottspy/sets/72157594572540252/

8:42 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Scott -- thanks for those. Very nice!

2:52 AM

 
Blogger Paulie said...

The other night was my first trip to Vinyl and I have to admit that I didn't much care for the place. Too bad, I really wanted to like it because it was so small.

I left before the end of the CWK's set because I got tired of all the talking in the crowd and the amount of cigarette smoke (christ do I sound old or what?)

I wanted to like Tokyo Police Club more as well, but I think the lack of a drummer really screwed their mojo.

12:26 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Vinyl's alright. Too narrow and not all that comfy, but it beats a lot of places. It was better back before it was a Park Bench when it had video games, couches, another pool table, etc., but those days are gone.

Funny re: the talking/smoking... I was up front and quite pleased with the crowd up there. Must have been worse further back.

I wasn't into TPC's set, really. I agree that not having a drummer and not using their own gear sucked a lot of life out of their set. What I saw of Delta Spirit was good though. They should have just had them play second.

12:33 PM

 
Blogger Leah [Not Basic] said...

Sad that I missed this. I tend to assume nothing will be sold out...

4:12 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I'm not sure what capacity is at Vinyl, but I was surprised it sold out too. They probably played for under 100 people at The EARL last July. I guess word has spread over the last 8 months or so. Was certainly a different crowd than was at the prior two visits at the DU and EARL.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger The Falconer said...

I think I overheard that they are returning to ATL in Oct for those of you who missed it. Friday night was the best local show I've seen so far in 2007. I enjoyed it even more than the Tweedy solo show.

12:24 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Yep, Nate confirmed that. They didn't know where or who they'd be playing with, but they should be back in October. Woohoo.

12:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home