Thursday, March 22

Moz coming to ATL, July 20


Morrissey has extended his upcoming tour, which now includes an Atlanta date on July 20 at Chastain (where I still have never seen a show). The full set of dates is available at Pitchfork. Here's the southern leg, courtesy of that site:

7/9 NorVa, Norfolk, VA
7/10 Tennessee Theatre, Knoxville, TN
7/12 Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, FL
7/14 Mizner Park Amph., Boca Raton, FL
7/15 Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL
7/17 Morocco Shrine Aud., Jacksonville, FL
7/19 Alabama Theatre, Birmingham, AL
7/20 Chastain Park Amph., Atlanta, GA
7/21 House of Blues, Myrtle Beach, SC

To celebrate, here's the encore from Morrissey's October 22, 2004, appearance at The Tabernacle in Atlanta.

Morrissey - There is a Light That Never Goes Out [live 10-22-2004]

I hope this post made somebody happy today. I know his fans are a devoted bunch.

11 Comments:

Blogger beans said...

you know, i have also never seen a show at chastain...maybe my time has come.

1:11 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Ditto, beans. Although I'm wondering how much tix will be.

1:16 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This seriously made my day... possibly my week.
Any idea when tickets go onsale?

1:28 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Nope, not a clue. Show's not on the Chastain website yet, and there's no listing on the Ticketmaster site.

1:33 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

That's one of the worst places in town to see a show. People will not shut up there . . .

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Paul said...

his last two records were asstastic. Dunno how much i want to see him, never been a fan of his solo work. If tickets are cheap maybe.

3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie,
tickets for the other dates are a week from saturday- and I got the feeling that they were the same for these dates- check true to you which is the site releasing all the details

3:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree with Rich from TTT. Chastain is possibly the worst place to see a show in Atlanta. Why, Morrissey, whhyyyy?!

4:10 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Wow, there seems to be a consensus here. Is it just that ppl won't shut up? Is the sound/view lackluster, or what?

Like I said, I've never been.

4:14 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

It can be nice to sit outside on a starry night at Chastain. But god almighty the Buckhead folks seem to go there just to socialize. Maybe less likely for Morrissey though, I don't know. Pray that they don't have a table setup arrangement.

Tickets are usually way overpriced there too. As in $100 for Journey. Not that I would go see Journey, but that's sort of typical Chastain fair. I have seen some great shows there, like Elvis Costello more than once, but you really do want to get as close as possible. The back of that place is dang far away from the stage, and because its in the middle of a neighborhood, it can't be as loud. There's also a curfew -- I want to say they have to shut down by 11. So forget extended encores.

6:41 PM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

I agree about Chastain sucking! The sound is only good f you are up front and Buckhead assholes totally suck on a good day.

3:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home