Thursday, March 29

It's so comfortable!


Oh my. Apparently Atlanta girl garage/punk band The Coathangers met John Norris from MTV News at SXSW, and got some love from said newsman:

Among the bands, at varying levels of notoriety, that have introduced themselves to me on the streets of Austin and gotten their music into my hands in the past couple of days: Aloke, the GoStation, Locksley, New Year's Day, the Animators, the Stock Market Crash and some pretty cool garage girls from Atlanta who go by the lovely name the Coathangers (who count in their arsenal a fairly demure jam called "Nestle in My Boobies").



I haven't watched MTV in years, but that's pretty cool.

The Coathangers - Parking Lot
The Coathangers - Nestle in My Boobies


For more on The Coathangers, visit their Myspace. They play at Lenny's in Atlanta tomorrow night (Fri., 3/30) with Kill Gordon and Deerhunter.

5 Comments:

Blogger AmyM said...

The Coathangers have won me over. After we watched their most recent show at the Unicorn, Teresa of the Close, said that was the type of band she always wished she could be in and that she loves their attitude!

10:17 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Plus they give away cookies at their shows. Cookies rule.

8:20 AM

 
Blogger tolar said...

How long until their debut on TRL??

10:11 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Far too long, I'm sure.

And didn't I read something about TRL getting canceled? I could be making that up.

10:14 AM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

Man they have a song called "Nestle in My Boobies" and they give away yummy cookies?!! That's awesome!

9:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home