Saturday, May 5

A rant: Matt & Kim & Lady Sov


I hate when this happens.

I've been eager to check out Brooklyn's Matt & Kim for a while, but missed their prior ATL appearance due to a conflict. They're coming back to play at Drunken Unicorn on May 11, but they'll now be opening for Lady Sovereign. As you might guess, I'm less than enthused by this development.

While it's hardly the first time that I've wanted to see an opener more than the headliner, it irritates me to no end when said headliner is the sort of act that causes the cost of the show to double or triple. In this instance, adding Lady Sov to the bill raised the cost from $8 to $15. I would have gladly paid the former price to see Matt & Kim headline, but I'm much less inclined to pay the latter and see them play a half-hour opening set. Horse feathers! What to do, what to do...

Anyway, Matt & Kim are neat:

Matt & Kim - Yea Yeah
Matt & Kim - No More Long Years
Matt & Kim - Verbs Before Nouns

For a complete list of Matt & Kim dates, see their Myspace. Also, if you haven't seen the video for "Yea Yeah" then you should.

3 Comments:

Blogger AmyM said...

Yes, and I bet the Lady Sov crowd will be very excited, shouting along to her stuff like they do when they play one of her numbers in the club. (Though it may be a little more subdued on a Monday.) I hear she is like a hot cheerleader live.

1:26 PM

 
Blogger bob reich said...

That Sucks... cuz Matt And Kim are fun fun fun LIVE...

http://gimmetinnitus.blogspot.com/2007/03/live-video-yea-yeah-by-matt-and-kim.html

12:47 AM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

Steve just made me realize the 11th is on a Friday (D'oh!). I'll be at Luigi, Jupiter Watts.

2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home