Tuesday, June 26

Looking ahead: The Ettes with Dark Meat, The Selmanaires this Saturday (6/30) at Drunken Unicorn


Hot damn, is it gonna be a big night of rock 'n roll this Saturday (June 30) at Drunken Unicorn. That night we'll have Dark Meat, The Selmanaires, and The Ettes sharing a stage. Talk about a blowout...

While Dark Meat and The Selmanaires are from the local area, The Ettes will be visitors to these parts. They're a garage trio from Los Angeles, but I believe they've been up in North Carolina recording lately. That sure would explain the Asheville-Carrboro-Atlanta run they're doing before jetting overseas.

The Ettes - No More Surprises

And from the C&T faves on the bill...

Dark Meat - Angel of Meth
The Selmanaires - Broken Mirrors in the Mud [YSI link]

Has all the makings of a fine show...

6 Comments:

Blogger Sloan Simpson said...

Awesome, was just wondering when Dark Meat was gonna play at Atlanta. Have they before?

4:18 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Not that I'm aware, unless Whirlyball counts.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Sloan Simpson said...

It does not, in my book ;)

4:31 PM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

The Ettes played the Starbar last year and they were great! It was on a Wed and me and the Steves were about the only people there. We begged them to try Atlanta again.. Really looking forward to seeing all 3 bands...

6:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was pretty underwhelmed by The Ettes' album, but it's the sort of thing where you listen to it and go, "Yeah, it's okay… but I bet it'd sound killer live."

12:16 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

My guess as well, although I haven't heard the record. Then again, I thought the same thing about the Gore Gore Girls and word is that show was pretty underwhelming. Guess I'll see on Saturday.

12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home