Monday, August 13

The Shins coming to Atlanta Civic Center, October 17

Big thanks to Jeff F. for pointing this out!


The Shins finally return to Atlanta on October 17, when they'll be at the Atlanta Civic Center downtown. It is among a number of upcoming dates, and the full schedule can be found at Punknews.org. The Shins are soooo punk. A limited number of pre-sale tickets for Atlanta will be available tomorrow via The Shins website (registration required).

The Shins - Phantom Limb
The Shins - Know Your Onion
The Shins - So Says I

Opening up on the tour will be Shaky Hands and Vetiver, although I haven't been able to figure out who is on which dates. If we got Shaky Hands it would be wonderful. Too bad the Civic Center sucks.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

Yeah, I was gonna say... Civic Center kinda sucks it. Guess Atlanta is a weird city for a band that size, though... seems like everything is small-to-medium (they'd sell out the Tabernacle with no problem) or huge-ass. Would rather see them at the Civic Center than, say... Phillips... but still.

2:25 PM

 
Blogger Clare Zajicek said...

i'm sorry, but (both times) when i saw the shins, i was bored to tears. they sounded excellent. but stage presence escapes these guys. associating "punk" with the "shins" is kinda disturbing.

3:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Civic Center is great, because if I get the urge to wear glow in the dark strobe-light glasses, I can purchase them from a vendor without even leaving my seat.

3:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would rather see anyone at the fox than the civic center (since they are roughly the same size). The fox just gets everyone in a good mood.

4:57 PM

 
Blogger Rich said...

I hope it was clear my "punk" comment was sarcastic. No?

5:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crystal, rich. Crystal.

9:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vetiver opens in the Atlanta.

2:10 PM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

I'm glad I saw their Variety show. That was great and I stood in the middle, about 4 rows up.

4:46 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Punk. Snort. Granted it would have been even more ironic had they not been regularly covering the Modern Lovers on their last tour. I think The Shins could pull off punk if they wanted to. I mean, James Mercer does kind of look like a young Ted Leo.

4:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home