Monday, October 15

Pylon CD signing in Athens tonight, Oct. 15


Got word this morning that Athens art-rock pioneers Pylon will be signing CDs tonight (Mon., 10/15, 11pm-1am) at Wuxtry. Their 1980 debut album, Gyrate, will be re-released Tuesday by DFA Records. Gyrate Plus will feature the album and extra material all packaged on compact disc for the very first time.

Note that Pylon has also announced a few select shows....

11/1 The EARL, Atlanta, GA
11/5 Local 506, Chapel Hill, NC
11/9 Mercury Lounge, NY, NY

Gyrate Plus is available online from athensmusic.net.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my all time favorite records.
Vanessa from the band made a surprise
appearance with Mission of Burma at their last show at the Earl and did a version of Pylon's "Feast on My Heart". They were playing "Gryate" on the P.A. at the Earl before the Brunettes show and it sounded great.

10:48 AM

 
Blogger AmyM said...

Damn, I hate that I was out of town for that MOB show! "Feast on My Heart" is my favorite Pylon song.
Gyrate is always great to hear, and I was glad the Earl was playing it that night.

3:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photos from the signing here!

Clicky!

1:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home