Wednesday, April 5

Gomez - Bring It On B-sides

For those who aren't aware, the new Gomez album drops on May 2. It's called How We Operate and I see that it's starting to get a bit of attention on the blogs (e.g. Aquarium Drunkard yesterday). I haven't heard the new album yet, but I've been a fan of Gomez since right around when Liquid Skin (1999) was released. In fact, that record and Bring It On (1998) remain my favorites by the band. Since I don't have anything from the new album to offer, I thought I'd share some B-sides from the Bring It On era that my friend James gave me many moons ago when we were but wee college lads. None of these appear on the Abandonded Shopping Trolley Hotline (2000) compilation, so you may not have them.

Gomez - Whippin' Piccadilly (Turbo Version) from "Whippin' Piccadilly" single
Gomez - Who's Gonna Go the Bar from "78 Stone Wobble" single
Gomez - Old School Shirt from "Get Myself Arrested" single


You can pre-order How We Operate from the band and receive additional goodies. Lots of other music and merch are available from their store.

They will be in Atlanta on May 4, two days after the album hits stores. The full tour schedule and more info can be found on their MySpace page.

I'm also blogsitting this week over at MyExBestFriend, and I've made two additional Bring It On B-sides available there along with the video for "Silence." Go check it out.

--------------------------------


In other news, I'll be at Death Cab tonight at Tabernacle. We also have Rhett Miller/Nicolai Dunger (at Variety Playhouse) and The Films (at Drunken Unicorn) in Atlanta tonight. Wow. Kinda busy for a Wednesday, no?

3 Comments:

Blogger Leah [Not Basic] said...

I thought the Films were at the Drunken Unicorn? I can't sleep in aniticipation for Rhett Miller.

1:17 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

Oh! I'll fix that.

1:49 AM

 
Blogger Paulie said...

Sweet! Just yesterday I blew the virtual dust off the Gomez loaded up on my iPod and was listening to it.

Have fun at the Death Cab show. Since I've not purchased a ticket for any of the three Atlanta shows in the last year I'm part of the "man, I can't believe DCFC sold out" crowd. :)

8:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home