Tuesday, May 23

Fruit Bats 4-24-2006 @ Drunken Unicorn

If you read this space a month ago, you know that I very much enjoyed the recent Fruit Bats show at Drunken Unicorn. Spelled in Bones (gently) rocked my world last summer/fall and I was pleased to finally see Eric Johnson and his band live. I mentioned at the time that I had taped the show, but I just got around to doing the transfer. Once again, I've made .mp3 files available here and .flac files available via dimeadozen.org.


Fruit Bats
April 24, 2006
Drunken Unicorn
Atlanta, GA

Taped and converted by Rich Vining

Taping: SP CMC-4's > batt box > Nomad Jukebox 3
Conversion: JB3 > Dell Inspiron 6000 > Cool Edit Pro 2.0 > CD WAV > mkwACT

01. banter
02. Union Blanket > Jump Into the Fire*
03. The Wind That Blew My Heart Away
04. Traveler's Song
05. A Bit of Wind
06. The Little Acorn
07. Magic Hour
08. banter/tuning
09. Dragon Ships
10. Black Bells (Make Me OK) >
11. Legs of Bees
12. When U Love Somebody
13. Earthquake of '73
14. applause/banter

- Encore -
15. Canyon Girl
16. tuning/banter
17. The Old Black Hole


*Harry Nilsson cover

Eric from Fruit Bats is also a fellow devoted Chicago Cubs fan, so give him a hug if you see him. He probably needs it right now.

For the lossless version, click here to grab the torrent at Dimeadozen.org.

More information on Fruit Bats can be found on their official site.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

great post. i love these guys, and they're really fun live.

4:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home