Friday, May 19

SoCo Music Experience this weekend

First of all, great to see so many folks tonight. Greg from Captain's Dead, Tessa from Drive a Faster Car, Matt from KissAtlanta, the Criminal crew, and everyone else were cool as could be this evening. Giant Drag and Mark Kozelek more than held their own too. And Greg, thanks for the beer!

For those Atlanta-area C&T readers planning ahead for the weekend, a kind soul has passed along the set times for the free (!!!) Southern Comfort Music Experience at Centennial Olympic Park. Here you go:

Sat., May 20
Beatin Path 12PM-1PM
Bonerama 1:30PM-2:30PM
Theresa Andersson 3PM-4PM
Hot 8 Brass Band 4:30PM-5:30PM
Family Force 5 6PM-7PM
Ozomatli 7:30PM-9PM
Cowboy Mouth 9:30PM-11PM

Sun., May 21
The Moaners 1PM-1:45PM
American Princes 2:15PM-3PM
The Gourds 3:30PM-4:30PM
De La Soul 5PM-6PM
Big Star 6:30PM-7:45PM
Flaming Lips 8:15PM-10PM

Spread the word. Regular readers already know that I'm hyped for that 5-10pm lineup on Sunday. Woohoo! Hope to see some of you there.

Also this weekend...

On Saturday night, Athens rock monsters The Whigs will be at The EARL with Augustine and Army of Me. They'll also be on a side stage Sunday at Centennial Olympic Park. Oh, happy day!

If you're looking for something low-key (and hangover-friendly) to do on Sunday afternoon, head down to The EARL for brunch and dunch. The Georgia Fireflies (featuring Leanna Fugate and Jeff Holt of Silent Kids) will be playing good ol' Americana/old-timey tunes and it promises to be a good time. Joe and I should be there, so come have a pre-blowout beer with us. Music starts at 1pm.

Sampler platter:
The Whigs - Violet Furs

The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize?
Beck with The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize? (KCRW, 11-24-2002) [Flaming Lips "cover"]
Big Star - The Ballad of El Goodo
Colin Meloy - The Ballad of El Goodo [Big Star cover]
De La Soul - Me, Myself, and I (Badmarsh + Shri Remix)

5 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

Thanks for the set times Rich! I had been scouring the internet trying to find them, to no avail. Then just when all hope seems lost, I get up this morning to see them posted here. Woo Hoo!!

I agree about the 5-10 sunday lineup. Big star? I never thought I'd see them & the lips always put on a great show!

Now I'll just be counting down the hours til' 5 pm sunday.

8:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice meeting you as well, Rich. Thanks for the set times. I've had lots of people asking me. Now I have an answer for them.

11:38 AM

 
Blogger Rich said...

OMG did Big Star and Flaming Lips (!!!) kick ass. Too bad I left my confetti/streamer thingies in Joe's car.

12:32 AM

 
Blogger Max E. said...

I'm such a De La Soul fan. Nice.

1:40 PM

 
Blogger jonder said...

The next time the Atlanta mp3 blogerati get together, I'd like to meet some of you all!

7:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home