Monday, May 15

Lily Allen - "Little Things"

Well, happy Monday everyone. Another Lily Allen song has emerged! I see this actually showed up on some French blog about three weeks ago, but I haven't seen it around. So here you go.

Talk about guilty pleasures, but I'm sticking with this one for now. This is more mellow than "LDN" or "Knock 'Em Out" but it's a nice little track. "Little Things" features Lily sweetly singing about her memories and the endearing traits of a lost love. Piano is prominent throughout, which is nice. Sounds like a vinyl rip, but I don't have the 411 on its origins.

Lily Allen - Little Things (LINK REMOVED)

For more on Lily Allen, see her MySpace page. I must say though, the comments on her MySpace reinforce why I feel about 10 years too old to be listening to this. Heh.

The other 8 circulating demos can be downloaded from Slap You in Public.

You can pre-order her album, Alright, Still, from Amazon UK. It's due out July 17. The 7" for "LDN" is also available. No info yet on U.S. releases that I'm aware of.

Elsewhere...

Very good interview with Sufjan Stevens up at Pitchfork today. Talks about his writing, his favorite music, and his growing interest in ornithology.

Shake Your Fist has an interview with darn good Chicago-based band Office.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya, man: apparently her mum and I have the same taste in music. ;)

And, yeah, the sample on this one is gonna drive me crazy. Stereogum tracked the sample on "Knock 'em Out" to Professor Longhair's "Big Chief", though, so at least that one's not driving me crazy anymore...

10:24 AM

 
Blogger Erkin said...

I'm addicted to Lily Allen music. I love her music, my favourite song is Little Things!:) Have u listened to her song, Littlest Things? It's great, isn't it?

6:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Littlest Things" is built around two samples: "Emmanuelle" and "Emmanuelle In The Mirror" both lifted from the "Emmanuelle" soundtrack.

8:59 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

actually I believe it is a sample from Cat Stevens, Wild World

10:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home