Wednesday, May 10

New Kite Flying Society demo - "If I Could Split"


In what I presume is one fortunate cosmic coincidence, Kite Flying Society have just posted a new demo track on their MySpace page. Luckily, they made it available for download so I can share it with all of you. The song is titled "If I Could Split" and is a bit of a departure from the other demos they've released. Grab it here:

Kite Flying Society - If I Could Split

It's a song about love and devotion; the lyrics express a willingness to share all with the object of the narrator's affection. Here's what's probably my favorite lyric from the song:

Well she's an angel in the air
and a demon in the sheets
and now she fills my room with trinkets
I haven't slept for weeks
But if I split my bed in two
I'd share the pieces with you

Musically it has much in common with the recent material from The Boy Least Likely To -- it's a mid-tempo song with toy piano, hand claps, and gently-strummed guitar complemented by synths and vocals harmonies from one of KFS's female members. Such a sweet little tune it's addictive. In fact, I've had it on repeat pretty much all morning.

The band has also just announced that the title of their album will be Where Is the Glow? and it is due for a mid-June release. Mark your calendars. For now, visit them on MySpace.

If you haven't yet done so, be sure to download the Kite Flying Society demos that I offered last week. Happy Hump Day, true believers. Excelsior!

1 Comments:

Blogger Van Edwards said...

Wow. I'm digging these guys.
Excelsior indeed.

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home